Canada - Workers’ Compensation Bootcamp Level 1: A full day seminar provided by Ius Laboris Canada Mathews Dinsdale
- Start date:
- 29 May 2019
- Start time:
- End date:
- 30 May 2019
- End time:
- RBC Centre, Suite 3600 155 Wellington Street West Toronto, ON M5V 3H1 Canada
The world of workers’ compensation can become very complexed and frustrating for those individuals responsible for managing WSIB claims. Presenters Emily A. Russell and Debbie A. Martin of Ius Laboris Canada Mathews Dinsdale will assist in Claims Management Personnel, Human Resources Personnel, Managers and Supervisors to understand the obligations that arise when workplace injuries/illnesses occur, tools to navigate the claims management process, and how to respond effectively to issues that can arise over the course of a claim.
This seminar will provide:
- An overview of Ontario’s Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, 1997 with a focus on important employer obligations
- Claim suppression: the rules and how to avoid costly penalties
- A description of the inner workings of the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) and direction about key contacts for claims and account issues
- Information about effective accident investigations and how to effectively complete the Employer’s Report of Injury (Form 7)
- How to monitor claims costs
- WSIB decisions and a review of Time-limits
- Techniques and strategies for effective claims management beginning on the date of injury
- An overview of the Early and Safe Return to Work (ESRTW) process, including forms to be completed, and techniques for overcoming barriers
- An Update on the WSIB’s Rate Framework
For registration, click here.
To learn about the Worker’s Compensation Bootcamp Level 2 agenda, click here.